Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Interview with Megan Davis

Last week we interviewed Susan Page Davis on her latest cozy Treasure at Blue Heron Lake. Susan is writing this series with her daughter, so this week, we'd like to highlight Megan who has not only recently married, but also moved to England.

We'll draw a second winner of Treasure at Blue Heron Lake from the comments below. Luann was the winner of last week's drawing. Please contact us with your mailing address here.


Lisa: Welcome to KMIS, Megan and congrats on your recent marriage. You've just made some huge changes in your life. Can you tell us a bit about life in England?

Megan: Yes. People like their homes to look like hotel rooms, clothes are more interesting, food is delicious, honey is cheaper, baccon is bigger, and there is no space for anything on the bathroom sink. Some things are very different from life in Maine, but some things like lots of rain and tea are nearly the same. Probably the hardest thing for me to get used to is the pace of life. People are busy all the time in the city.


My favorite things about England are the sweets, the countryside (which I do get to see sometimes), rhubarb yogurt, and the fact that there's always something to learn. It used to scare me how little I was learning once I was through with college, but that's certainly not true anymore!

Lisa: Has living overseas given you any ideas for more mysteries?

Megan: Well, not yet I suppose since I've only been living here a few weeks. I've had little time for writing with all that's going on, so even when I have ideas they aren't full blown plots, they are little intriguers like a character who wants to be put in a story, or a line for a poem. But I am sure that once we've settled down a bit more I will have lots more ideas and get back to writing regularly.

Lisa: Tell us a bit about your latest cozy, Treasure at Blue Heron Lake.

Megan: Emily and Nate go to spend a relaxing Thanksgiving weekend at their friend's hunting lodge and wind up in the midst of another big mystery. But this time it involves romance, murder, suspense, and a long lost treasure. Who could ask for more?

Lisa: I'm actually in the process of co-writing a book. What are you suggestions for making it work?

Megan: Decide ahead of time who is writing what and when. Make sure you both understand the plan, and that when it's your turn to write you make it a priority. It can be very hard when you are already busy!

Lisa: What are you reading right now?

Megan: A Little Princess and Salad Days (a cook book) to myself, and The Moving Finger by Agatha Christie to my husband.

Lisa: Any writing plans for the future?

Megan: Yes. I'm always planning. Now if I would only do some writing! I hope to do some more journalism and write juvenile or young adult adventure/fantasy/humor novels.

And now my quiet library corner has been invaded by two rather loud, very tiny British school boys, so that will be all! I take that back, only one is tiny, the other is a bit chunky. (Did I say I was going to stop?)

Lisa: Great interview, Megan. Thanks so much for joining us and giving us a peak into your new life!

You can find out more about Megan and her mom's cozy series here along with a beautiful wedding photo.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mystery and Mayhem said...

Megan,
Having lived and visited England so much, I'm homesick for it now. (I was born there). Have you seen any custard tarts? If you do, have one for me! They're delicious.
Enjoy your time there, and don't let those little school boys run riot around you.
Barbara

5:01 AM  
Blogger Susan Page Davis said...

Megan, thanks for sharing a little of your life in England with us colonists.

2:50 PM  
Blogger NancyMehl said...

Megan,

What an interesting interview. I would love to visit England someday. How wonderful that you get to live there!

Your proud mother shared some of your wedding photos. You were one of the most beautiful brides I've ever seen.

Hope you get back to writing soon. I enjoy your work as do many, many others!

Nancy Mehl

3:02 PM  
Blogger Sandra Robbins said...

Megan, I had the pleasure of visiting England a few years ago and absolutely loved it. Thank you for giving me a peek into your life. Best wishes to you and your new husband.

Sandra Robbins

3:06 PM  
Blogger Christian Teacher Public School said...

Rhubarb yogurt does sound good. I linked to your interview on my blog and Web site! Can't wait to read the book.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Oh, but you make me want to pay a visit! Are you ready for company yet?
Thanks for filling us in on your life across the pond.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Megan

I agree with you about the rhubarb yogurt! Have you tried rhubarb and apple pie yet?

I wish you much happiness in your new life in England.

Ruth Dell
ruthdell@mweb.co.za

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home